Poets and Writers
Poets and Writers Contests
Digging to the Roots Poetry Anthology Calendar 2013 – August
- Submission Deadline August 2012 Calendar available November 2012
- Seasonal poems no more than twenty lines
- Submit only in the body of email one each: fall, winter, spring, summer
- Best poems will be chosen for the Calendar which will be available for purchase in Nov 2012
- Email poems to email@example.com
- Must be original unpublished work
- Include, name, city, state
- Writers own all rights
There's still time to win a first prize of $800 (£500) in the fall
round of the Writers' Village <http://www.writers-village.org>
contest for short fiction up to 3000 words in any genre, including
romance. Second prize is $400 (£250), third is $160 (£100) and
there are three further prizes of $80 (£50).
Every story, win or lose, also gains a free helpful critique - a feature
thought to be unique among low-fee writing contests. Winning stories
will be showcased at the site. Fee is $16 (£10) per story. Entries
are welcomed worldwide. Deadline is 30th Sept 2012. Details at:
John Yeoman, Writers' Village
Tuscany Prize For Catholic Fiction
Prize: $1,000.00. Entry fee: $10.00. Deadline: 09-30-2012.
John Ciardi Prize for Poetry is offered annually for the best previously unpublished book of poetry. The winner receives $1,000 and publication by BkMk Press. Deadline: January 15.
Book Length Manuscripts:
Dixon Ryan Fox Manuscript Prize is awarded annually by the New York State Historical Association for the best unpublished book-length manuscript dealing with some aspect of the history of New York state. Prize is $3,000. Deadline: January 20.
Jesse Jones Award for Fiction recognizes the best book of fiction entered into the competition. Entrants must have either been born in Texas or lived in the state for at least 2 consecutive years. First place is $6,000. Deadline: January 1.
2012 Stan and Tom Wick Poetry Prize - $25.00Entry requirements:
* The competition is open to poets writing in English who have not yet published a full-length collection of poems (a volume of 50 or more pages published in an edition of 500 or more copies).
* There is a $25 reading fee.
* Submissions must consist of 50 to 70 pages of poetry, typed on one side only, with no more than one poem included on a page.
* The poet's name is not to appear on the manuscript. Two title pages should be included. The first must include the poet's name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and the title of the manuscript; the second should list the title of the manuscript only. Entries are judged anonymously.
* The manuscript may be submitted simultaneously to other publishers, but the poet must notify the Wick Poetry Center immediately if the manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere.
* All manuscripts will be recycled after judging. The winner will be announced in the summer of 2012.
* Manuscripts must be uploaded between February 1, 2012, and May 1, 2012. No late entries will be read.
Deadline: December 31
Web site: www.boulevardmagazine.org
The Short Fiction Contest for Emerging Writers awards $1,500 and publication in Boulevard Magazine to the best short story of fiction, creative nonfiction, or poetry by a writer who has not been published by a nationally distributed publisher.
Southern Writers Magazine has a reader's contest. Entries due May 1; must be set in the South.
Poets and writers