Deadline: 7 January 2014
2013 RRofihe Trophy for an unpublished short story is now accepting entries. Minimum word count: 3,500; maximum to 5,000 words. Winner receives $500 cash and a trophy. Announcement and publication on anderbo.com.
2013 CONTEST READER: JEAN HARTIG
Jean Hartig is a writer and editor living in Brooklyn. She is former associate editor of Poets & Writers Magazine and has served on the editorial staff of A Public Space and Lumina, published by Sarah Lawrence College, where she earned her MFA.
- Stories should be typed, double-spaced, with the author’s name, the story's title, and contact information on the first page
- Submissions must be received by January 7th, 2014
- Limit one submission per author
- Author must not have been previously published in Open City Magazine or on Anderbo
- E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with RROFIHE TROPHY in the subject line
- You must submit your story-manuscript entry within the body of the e-mail—no attachments!
- There is no reading fee and all literary rights will remain with the author
Contest Judge Rick Rofihe is the author of FATHER MUST, a collection of short stories published by Farrar, Straus & Giroux. His fiction has appeared in The New Yorker, Grand Street, Open City, Swink, Unsaid, and on epiphanyzine, slushpilemag, and fictionaut. His nonfiction has appeared in The New York Times, The Village Voice, SPY, and The East Hampton Star, and on mrbellersneighborhood. A recipient of the Whiting Writers’ Award, he has taught MFA writing at Columbia University. He currently teaches privately in New York City, and was an advisor to the Vilcek Foundation for their 2011 prizes in the field of literature. Rick is the Editor of Anderbo.
Questions/ submissions: email@example.com